Veteran Education Benefits: Tuition

Tuition Assistance

Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance (TA) funds are a unique and distinct source of financial aid available to eligible Service members, and are processed as “first payer.” Eligibility for DoD TA benefits varies by branch. In general, students using TA need to talk to their Educational Services Officer (ESO), and obtain a Tuition Assistance authorization for the courses they intend to register for. Upon approval of the coursework by the ESO, please submit the Tuition Assistance authorization to the School Certifying Official (SCO). To apply for DoD TA benefits, please follow the link below for your specific branch of service: