How Do I Appeal My Academic Suspension?

How Do I Appeal My Academic Suspension?

Explanation of the Standards of Academic Success

MATC's Standards of Academic Progress Policy requires program students to meet four standards to maintain Good Academic Standing. A student that fails to achieve any of these standards in any semester will be placed on Academic Warning. A student on Academic Warning that fails to meet any of the four standards will be placed on Academic Suspension.

  • Term GPA of 2.0
  • Cumulative GPA of 2.0
  • Term completion rate of 67%
  • Cumulative completion rate of 67%

Steps To be Reinstated

To be re-instated in the College, contact your Academic Pathway at any campus to schedule an appointment to review appropriate courses totaling no more than 6 credits.

Additional Questions?

If you have additional questions regarding your academic standing or this suspension process, please contact Districtwide Advising Services (link) at any of our campuses:

Downtown Milwaukee Campus Counseling Department

Mequon Campus 

Oak Creek Campus 

West Allis Campus