Get a Degree or Diploma

Start a Degree or Diploma

Step 1: Apply for admission

  • Research your degree or diploma program.
  • Check for prerequisites using the Program Requirements Grid.
  • Apply Online (Quickest Way!
    Debit/Credit card is required to submit online. 
    Application fee(s) are non-refundable. If you are unable to pay online, please print form below.
  • Paper Application 
    Print an application form or you can pick one up at any of the four MATC Campuses. Application fee(s) are non-refundable and MUST be attached to application.

    Submit completed application and fees to
    Attn: Admissions
    700 W. State St.
    Milwaukee WI, 53233

    or in-person to any MATC Welcome Center.
  • Switching or Making Changes to your Current Program?
    Students interested in making a change to their current program should meet with their pathway advisor. Your pathway advisor will review your request and submit the change to our Admissions department.
  • For students applying to a health program (except Nursing Assistant) 

    MATC will no longer require a criminal background check prior to admission to the College, but will require the completion of a CBC after a student has been accepted into a Health program as part of the petition process for the Healthcare Pathway (i.e., petitioning is the application process used to be admitted into the core-technical classes).

    MATC will not deny admission to any Healthcare Pathway program based upon the result of the criminal background check. However, agencies who serve as clinical or field placement sites for MATC Healthcare Pathway courses reserve the right to deny a placement based upon criminal background check results. Denial of placement is in the sole discretion of the clinical or field placement agency or site, and MATC does not retain authority or control over denial of clinical or field placement based on criminal background checks.

  • If you need financial aid, we strongly recommend that you apply for it as early as possible.
  • Depending on the time of year that you apply for academic admission, in most cases you may apply for financial aid simultaneously.
  • International Students:
    Visit the International Student page for your steps to enrollment.

Step 2: Activate your MATC Account

(available the next business day after your application is entered)

  • Visit Activate My MATC Account
  • Click Activate ID; enter required information
  • Click Activate
  • Read and sign the MATC Usage Agreement
  • Your User Name will be provided
  • Be sure to set up your challenge questions

Step 3: Complete the Online Student Orientation

You can view the online orientation at (link)

Step 4: Submit Transcripts

  • To obtain high school/GED transcripts, complete and mail or deliver this form to your high school or GED testing center.
  • If you have earned credits from another college, complete and mail or deliver this form to that college.
  • Out-of-country transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an approved agency.
  • Have transcripts mailed to the MATC Admissions office:

    Attn: Admissions
    700 W. State St.
    Milwaukee WI, 53233

    or dropped off in-person to any MATC Welcome Center.
  • For timely processing of your application, submit your completed application form, required fees and transcripts together. Submit by mail or in person to any MATC Admissions Office. 
  • Please make checks payable to MATC.

Step 5: Register and Pay Tuition

Sign Up For New Registered Students Welcome Session

  • All first-time students are required to attend a New Student Welcome Session. This session will provide you with important CAMPUS information and other services which will give you a solid foundation for starting your academic studies.
  • Seating is limited at the Welcome Sessions so if you bring a guest, please limit it to one adult. Don't forget to print out/check your email for your reservation confirmation page. It contains all your Welcome Session information.
  • In order to receive your Stormer Pass (MATC Student ID) and U-PASS (FREE MCTS bus card) after the Welcome Session, bring your class schedule and a photo ID when you attend.

    To register, visit New Student Welcome Session

    Please direct any questions to the Office of Student Life at