Community Education to College


Earning your Adult High School diploma or GED/HSED? Learning English and completing English as a Second Language (ESL) classes? Take the next step and apply for a college program at MATC!

  1. Apply Now
    Go to (If you used this same system to apply for Adult High School, GED/HSED or ELL/ESL, go to the sign in section and use the same non-MATC email and password. If you forgot your password, choose the ‘forgot your password’ option.) You’ll choose a program. If you’re not sure which one is right for you, select “Undecided” and a career coach will contact you. If you plan to apply as “Undecided,” we recommend starting early to secure classes in your desired schedule. 
  2.  Transcripts
    MATC already has your existing Adult High School, GED/HSED or ESL transcripts. If you have college credits from another college/university, including from another country that you want to transfer for credit, visit our Credit for Prior Learning and Experience page and complete the form.

  3. Orientation
    Attend a Student Orientation & Registration Meeting (STORM).
  4. Register
    Register for classes at Registration opens in April for Summer and Fall classes, and it opens in November for Spring classes (including Winter or Winterim classes). 
  5. Payment Option
    Choose a payment option. If you’re eligible for financial aid (details at, be sure to go to and complete the application. If that’s not an option for you, set up a payment plan at (choose Student Finance). Be sure to review eligible scholarship options at!