Wisgo Bus Card

MATC has moved to the WisGo system through Milwaukee County Transit System. As a result, all students will need to either sign up for the WisGo UMOApp or get a new WisGo card. The WisGo UMO App can be accessed via your your cell phone after downloading the WisGo UMO App and signing up.

For the WisGo card, you will need to come into a Student Life office to receive the card (Office hours and Locations). Either method requires you to set up a WisGo account where you can redeem a unique benefit code. Benefit codes are typically valid for Fall and Spring semesters (provided the student remains enrolled). A separate benefit code is issued for Summer if enrolled. We will be emailing you codes to activate your new Wisgo bus pass.

We strongly recommend using the app, as opposed to card.

Choosing the app has the benefit of immediate and remote activation, reduced need for customer service, no card to lose and no lost U-PASS fees. If a replacement card is needed, there is a $25 replacement fee. Please note that card is intended for students who do not have a smart phone, financial inability to maintain a data plan, or disabilities that make it difficult to use a phone.

CAUTION: DO NOT ADD MONEY TO YOUR WISGO CARD, THIS WILL INVALIDATE IT AS A MATC Card. A replacement WISGO will need to be purchased if money is added to a card.

Lost Your WisGo Card?

If a student loses the WisGo card issued to them, there is a $25.00 replacement fee that must be paid at the Cashiers Office. Students must bring a receipt from the replacement fee payment with their student ID to the Student Life office in order to get a replacement.


upass card sample The U-PASS (M•CARD) is a Milwaukee County bus pass available to MATC students enrolled in 6 or more college level credits. The U-PASS (M•CARD) allows MATC students to use the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) seven days a week. Eligible students get unlimited rides on the MCTS buses - just touch your U-PASS (M•CARD) flat to the orange target on the farebox and show your Stormer Pass to the driver when you get on board. The U-PASS is already paid for in your student fees, but you will be charged a replacement fee if it is lost or stolen. Students will only be able to have one active U-PASS (M•CARD)  at any one time while they are a student at MATC.


UPASS DATES OF SERVICE for Academic Year 2022-2023

Semester Start Date Expiration Date
Fall  August 14 January 15
Spring  January 15 May 31
Summer  May 31 August 20

U-PASS Eligibility:

  • Fall students: 6 or more college-level credits
  • Spring students: 6 or more college-level credits
  • Summer students: 3 or more college-level credits

Lost your U-PASS card?

  • Report to any of the Stormer Pass/U-PASS campus stations (Summer U-pass are available at the Downtown campus only.)
  • A fee will be assessed of $50 for the first lost U-PASS Card
  • Fees will continue to increase should students lose their U-PASS Card more than once.
    After second time before a third one is issued, student must to meet with Student Life

What happens to the original U-PASS Card if it is lost or stolen?

  • When a student is issued a replacement card the original card will be deactivated upon receiving the new U-PASS Card.

Are there routes that offer service to MATC?

U-PASS Hours

Location: S Building, S203C

Please see our regular business hours and locations here. During the semester, regular business hours are subject to change due to meetings and/or Student Life events. Please call or email Student Life if you wish to visit to confirm hours or to make an appointment during or after regular business hours.

For more information about the U-PASS program, please call 414-297-7859 or email the Student Life Office at studentlife@matc.edu.

*Summer U-passes are available at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus only.