Sunday – September 22, 2019
Feb. 1 is Deadline for High School Students Interested in Applying MATC Promise
Jan. 15, 2019
Friday, Feb. 1, is the deadline for high school seniors to apply for the MATC Promise, which offers free tuition and course fees at Milwaukee Area Technical College for eligible students. The MATC Promise covers up to 75 credits for eligible students, after federal and state financial grant aid has been applied. The cost of books is not covered by the program.
“This innovative public-private partnership is unlocking opportunity and removing barriers to education for students from low-income households,” said Dr. Vicki J. Martin, MATC president. “It’s also providing a talent pipeline for area employers.”
The high school Class of 2019 will be the fourth class of MATC Promise for New High School Graduates. First launched in 2015, the MATC Promise was the first program of its kind in Wisconsin.
To apply, students must:
- Apply for MATC admission by Feb. 1, 2019, at http://www.matc.edu/apply/
- Complete the Promise interest application by Feb. 1, 2019 at tinyurl.com/promise2019
- Complete a federal student aid application (FAFSA) by Feb. 1, 2019 at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa (MATC’s federal school code is 003866
- Be eligible for federal Pell grants (the student’s FAFSA will determine this)
- Earn a 2.0 GPA or higher in the first semester of senior year
- Earn a composite ACT score of 16 or above by June 15, 2019
- Graduate from a high school in the MATC district or live in the MATC district
- Submit final high school transcript with graduation date by Aug. 1, 2019
- Enroll in at least 12 credits at MATC in Fall 2019 (special exceptions may be provided)
For more information, call 414-297-6668 or email email@example.com.