Wednesday – May 25, 2016
If you have received a professional license or have obtained an industry or vendor certificate, you may be eligible for credits at MATC.
Certificates and licenses are only valid for programs that provide education leading to completion of such certificates and licenses. A listing of all potential certificates and licenses can be viewed for each school within the college:
Having the Certificate or License alone may not be enough for credit to be awarded. Work experience, interviews, or a performance exam may be required to qualify for credit for some of the certifications and licenses. One-half of the tuition for each course is the fee for reviewing and awarding credit for certification and licensure. All certifications and licenses must be reviewed and approved by a dean to be awarded credit.
If you feel you are eligible for credit, complete a CPLE request form and meet with an advisor.
How to Receive Credit for Certification and Licensure:
- Obtain official documentation indicating certificate or license to MATC.
- Review the required courses for an AAS degree or Technical Diploma
- Identify the MATC courses for which the certificate or license may be applicable by reviewing the certificate and license list for the appropriate school. If the certificate or license does not appear on the list, provide a description of the skills learned from the credential.
- Complete the CPLE Request Form to request credit.
- Submit the documentation and request form to an advisor.
Want more information on MATC's Credit for Prior Learning and Experience program? Complete the form here.