Sunday – March 26, 2017
Explanation of the Standards of Academic Success
MATC's Standards of Academic Progress Policy requires program students to meet four standards to maintain Good Academic Standing. A student that fails to achieve any of these standards in any semester will be placed on Academic Warning. A student on Academic Warning that fails to meet any of the four standards will be placed on Academic Suspension.
- Term GPA of 2.0
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Term completion rate of 67%
- Cumulative completion rate of 67%
Steps To Appeal Your Suspension
- To be re-instated in the College, complete the online Suspension Appeal Form.
- Register for CAREER 799. Once completed, the appeal will be reviewed for financial aid eligibility.
If this is your first suspension, you only need to appeal online by completing the Suspension Appeal Form.
You will be notified via email of your appeal status.
2 or More Suspensions
- Complete the online Suspension Appeal Form.
- Register for the CAREEER 799 Path Workshop if you have not previously completed it.
- After completing the online form YOU MUST meet with your program counselor. Make sure to bring (a) this letter, (b) your program plan and (c) any supporting documentation to the campus where your program counselor is located on or before Tuesday, January 10, 2017.
If you have been suspended 2 or more times you may appeal in person Saturday, January 7th from 9am-1pm at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus in Counseling and Advising Room S203.
This event is designed to ensure that students suspended 2 or more times are able to appeal their academic statuses, get an immediate decision and register for classes if their appeals are granted.
Dropping of Classes: If your appeal is denied or if you do not submit an appeal, you will be dropped from your classes.
For students with 2 or more suspensions: If you do not appeal on Saturday, January 7, 2017, your appeal will be reviewed as quickly as possible in the order it was received after you have met with your counselor and your Academic Status will be updated on your program plan. You will also receive an email at your MATC Gmail account.
If you have additional questions regarding your academic standing or this suspension process, please call the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Counseling Department at 414-297-8119, or the regional Student Services Department at Mequon Campus 262-238-2200, Oak Creek Campus 414-571-4500, or West Allis Campus 414-456-5500. You may also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.