Sunday – October 23, 2016
Explanation of the Standards of Academic Success
MATC's Standards of Academic Progress Policy requires program students to meet four standards to maintain Good Academic Standing. A student that fails to achieve any of these standards in any semester will be placed on Academic Warning. A student on Academic Warning that fails to meet any of the four standards will be placed on Academic Suspension.
- Term GPA of 2.0
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Term completion rate of 67%
- Cumulative completion rate of 67%
Steps To Appeal Your Suspension
- To be re-instated in the College, complete the online Suspension Appeal Form.
- Register for CAREER 799. Once completed, the appeal will be reviewed for financial aid eligibility.
2 or More Suspensions
- Complete the online Suspension Appeal Form.
- Register for the CAREEER 799 Path Workshop if you have not previously completed it.
- After completing the online form YOU MUST meet with your program counselor. Make sure to bring (a) this letter, (b) your program plan and (c) any supporting documentation to the campus where your program counselor is located.
- Summer Semester: Only students that have met both semester GPA and semester completion rate requirements may appeal to attend summer semester. The summer appeal must be completed and submitted on or before June 2, 2016.
If you are not appealing to attend summer semester but planning on attending the fall semester, the online appeal form must be completed and submitted on or before August 12, 2016.
- Downtown Milwaukee Campus - Counseling Department Room S203
- Mequon Campus - Student Services Department Room A110
- West Allis Campus - Student Services Department Room 114
- Oak Creek Campus - Student Services Room A106
Dropping of Classes: If your appeal is denied or if you do not submit an appeal, you will be dropped from your classes.
Your appeal will be reviewed as quickly as possible in the order it was received and your Academic Status will be updated on your program plan. You will also receive an email at your MATC Gmail account.
If you have additional questions regarding your academic standing or this suspension process, please call the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Counseling Department at 414-297-8119, or the regional Student Services Department at Mequon Campus 262-238-2200, Oak Creek Campus 414-571-4500, or West Allis Campus 414-456-5500. You may also email questions to email@example.com.