Friday – May 26, 2017
Next open session for accepting student worker enrollment forms:
- Monday, May 22nd to Friday, May 26th, 1pm to 4pm daily
What is Federal Work-Study?
When completing your financial aid, make sure to select work-study.
- You will know whether you have been awarded Federal Work-Study when you receive your financial aid award letter.
- If your award letter does not include FWS and you are interested in the program, please contact the MATC Financial Aid Office at 414-297-6282 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- As long as you are enrolled in a minimum of six credits and qualify, you will be put on a waiting list until funds become available.
Step 3 ORIENTATIONS
All student workers must complete a one time, 45 minute new hire orientation before starting work as a student worker. The orientation will cover procedures for submitting time records, work site expectations, college policies regarding student workers, and other related student worker information. Scheduled orientation dates, times, and locations are below and are first come, first serve.
Orientations start on time. Late arrivals will not be allowed to enter and will be required to attend another session.
- Tuesday, April 18th 2:00pm
- Monday, April 24th 11:30am
- Friday, April 28th 12:00pm
All orientations take place at the downtown Milwaukee campus, Room S116 unless otherwise noted
Work location options:
ON CAMPUS Employment: Opportunities for employment on campus include positions in counseling areas, bookstore, Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, math/science area, computer science area, student activities and the gym. Job duties may include peer tutoring, clerical work and data entry.
OFF CAMPUS Employment: You must complete 1 full semester of on campus employment before you are eligible for off campus employment.
Off Campus employment offers more flexibility of hours as students can work at non-profit agencies throughout the city including hospitals, community centers, schools, government offices to name just a few. Contact Jenny McGilligan in the MATC JOBshop to learn more about these opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-297-6302
A very limited number of work-study positions may be available that are paid by the college for students not eligible for the Federal Work-Study program. These positions are listed on the same site as the work-study jobs but will have the word "Budgeted" in the title.