Thursday – September 21, 2017
Upcoming open sessions for accepting student worker enrollment forms and packets:
- Monday, September 18th to Friday, September 22nd: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily
- Monday, October 2nd to Friday, October 6th: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily
- Monday, October 16th to Friday, October 20th: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily
- Monday, October 30th to Friday, November 3rd: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily
What is Federal Work-Study?
When completing your financial aid, make sure to select work-study.
- You will know whether you have been awarded Federal Work-Study when you receive your financial aid award letter.
- If your award letter does not include FWS and you are interested in the program, please contact the MATC Financial Aid Office at 414-297-6282 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As long as you are enrolled in a minimum of six credits and qualify, you will be put on a waiting list until funds become available.
Step 3 ORIENTATIONS
All student workers must watch a 16 minute new hire orientation video before starting work as a student worker. The orientation will cover procedures for submitting time records, work site expectations, college policies regarding student workers, and other related student worker information.
After finishing the video, you'll need to pass a ten question quiz with a 80% or higher. You can take the quiz multiple times if needed.
Orientation quiz (You will need to log in using your MATC log in and password)
Work location options:
ON CAMPUS Employment: Opportunities for employment on campus include positions in counseling areas, bookstore, Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, math/science area, computer science area, student activities and the gym. Job duties may include peer tutoring, clerical work and data entry.
OFF CAMPUS Employment: Consider using your work-study dollars towards an internship experience. MATC can partner with nonprofit organizations including hospitals, community centers, schools, and government offices to arrange off campus placements. You must complete 1 full semester of on campus employment before you are eligible for off campus employment.
Contact the InternConnect Office to learn more about these opportunities at email@example.com or 414-297-6967.
A very limited number of work-study positions may be available that are paid by the college for students not eligible for the Federal Work-Study program. These positions are listed on the same site as the work-study jobs but will have the word "Budgeted" in the title.