What is Federal Work-Study?
- A Federal Work-Study (FWS) award on your Financial Aid Offer letter is an offer to get a part-time job through the Work-Study program. An average award of $1728 would allow a student to work 14 hours per week at a rate of $7.50 for the semester.
- Work-Study is different from other types of financial aid because you do not receive Work-Study monies until you locate a job and begin working.
- An ideal work-study position would be using the skills you are learning in your program at MATC.
- You will know whether you have been awarded Federal Work-Study when you receive your financial aid award letter.
- If your award letter does not include FWS and you are interested in the program, please see JoAnne Washington at 297-8322 or email email@example.com.
- As long as you are enrolled in a minimum of six credits and qualify, you will be put on a waiting list until funds become available.
TWO Job Options:
ON CAMPUS Employment: Opportunities for employment on campus include positions in counseling areas, bookstore, Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, math/science area, computer science area, student activities and the gym. Job duties may include peer tutoring, clerical work and data entry.
OFF CAMPUS Employment: You must complete 1 full semester of on campus employment before you are eligible for off campus employment.
Off Campus employment offers more flexibility of hours as students can work at non-profit agencies throughout the city including hospitals, community centers, schools, government offices to name just a few. Contact Jenny McGilligan in the MATC JOBshop to learn more about these opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414 297-6302
A very limited number of work-study positions may be available that are paid by the college for students not eligible for the Federal Work-Study program. These positions are listed on the same site as the work-study jobs but will have the word "Budgeted" in the title.
Student Employment Application and Directions (PDF)
Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
Student Worker Request Form (PDF)