Friday – August 17, 2018
Formerly Teacher Education Track
School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Program Code: 20-800-1CU
If you plan to pursue a career as a teacher, MATC's Educational Foundations Track allows you to fulfill the first two years of requirements for a bachelor's degree and/or license in education.
Some of the colleges and universities to which MATC students can transfer to pursue careers in teaching include:
- Alverno College
- Carroll University
- Cardinal Stritch University
- Lakeland College
- Marquette University
- Mount Mary University
To pursue a career as a teacher starting at MATC:
1. Complete the MATC Admissions process. When applying for admission, use Program Code 20-800-1CU. Attend Student Orientation, where you'll be assigned a counselor who will explain how to enter the Educational Foundations Track.
Full admissions requires:
- Completion of following courses with a "C" or better: SOCSCI-249,
ENG-201, and MATGEN-110.
- A 2.5 Program GPA.
2. After you've been admitted to the program, meet with your advisor at least once every semester to select courses.
3. Earn your associate degree in Liberal Arts in teacher education from MATC, including four teacher preparation courses.
4. Complete the reading, mathematics and writing areas of the Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST) successfully.
5. Complete your associate degree with a GPA of at least a 2.5.
6. Apply to the School of Education at one of the cooperating four-year colleges, where you will continue your studies to receive your bachelor's degree in education.
7. After you receive your bachelor's degree, you will then be eligible to apply for a Wisconsin State teaching license.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 414-297-8391 or 414-297-6982.