The MATC Promise for Adults
Free tuition for eligible students to finish your degree
The application window to be considered for the Promise for Adults this coming fall 2018 is now closed.
Still looking to start this fall? We can help! Financial aid and support may still be available to you through other programs.
Call 414-297-6668 or go to matc.edu/apply.
What is the MATC Promise for Adults?
- The MATC Promise for Adults provides eligible students up to 75 credits of free tuition -- after other scholarships and grants are applied -- to complete an in-demand associate degree.
- The Promise also provides support to help students stay on track to graduate and connect to a career.
Who is eligible?
- Are 24 years or older and live in the MATC district
- Have an annual family income of $56,000 or less (based on federal student aid application)
- Have earned at least six college credits but have not earned an associate or bachelor’s degree -- students must have been out of college for at least two years
Even if you don't qualify for the Promise, we'll work with you to find a path to a degree and an in-demand career.
How do I get started?
- Complete an MATC Promise for Adults grant application by July 5, 2018
(The application period for fall 2018 is now closed)
- Complete an MATC application
- Complete the federal student aid application (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov
- Enroll in at least six credits toward an associate degree program linked to a top 50 in-demand career
How do I stay in the program?
- Enroll in at least six credits each fall and spring semester (summer is optional)
- Earn at least a 2.0 semester GPA and complete 67% of credits attempted in the semester
- Connect to an in-demand career you’ll love in as little as one to two years and increase your earning potential through our flexible, accessible programs close to you. We also offer a less expensive path to a four-year degree through more than 35 college and university transfer partners
- Return with confidence: Associate degree graduates earn nearly 20% more each year than those with a high school diploma alone -- and more than 90% of our graduates are employed within six months.
- Not have an outstanding debt with the college.
- Learn in small classes led by instructors with industry experience.