Saturday – October 22, 2016
- Showcases latest-generation, programmable, comfort system controls
- For students, apprentice candidates and interns enrolled in MATC technology programs
- A continuing-education resource for journeyperson upgrades, technicians, sales personnel, supervisors and building maintenance staff
"Smart buildings" are here. In most new construction - and now being retrofitted to older buildings - computers provide centralized control of super-efficient heating, cooling and ventilation units, often integrated with alarm and security systems. The entire building is run from the desktop.
At the HVAC Digital Controls Lab, students learn to service and install the complex, core mechanicals at the heart of these new, sophisticated systems. They also gain thorough knowledge of the latest wireless digital control devices. Programming and monitoring are taught in the adjacent HVAC Computer Lab/Classroom.
Thanks to generous support from our private-industry partners, the HVAC Digital Controls Lab features the latest examples of core technologies for advanced, high-efficiency comfort systems. Students practice climate system installation, service, optimization, programming and monitoring.
- Installation/service - high-efficiency comfort systems
- Management/maintenance - digital control devices
- Hydronic systems testing and balancing, including hot water, chilled water and steam
- Industrial exhaust systems
- Clean room certification
- Energy management and retrofit
- Indoor air quality
- Building systems commissioning
- Sound and vibration testing
- Auer Steel
- CDP, Inc.
- Cleaver Brooks
- Electricians Union Local 494
- Furlong Industrial Systems
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Liebert Inc.
- Painters Union /District Council 7
- Sheet Metal Workers Union Local 18
- Steamfitters Union Local 601