Friday – July 20, 2018
Eligibility Requirements (for Academic Recognition via scholastic honors cords):
- Graduation registration received in the Office of the Registrar on or before
- October 31st (for Fall Semester)
- March 31st (for Spring Semester)
- Graduating from an associate degree or 1-2 year technical diploma program
- 3.5 or higher cumulative grade-point average (cgpa)
Eligibility Requirements (for Outstanding Graduate Competition):
- Having satisfied all eligibility requirements for Academic Recognition
- Submit the completed Profile Form and Essay* with two letters of reference from Milwaukee Area Technical College faculty on or before
- Thursday, November 30, 2017 (for Fall Semester)
- Friday, April 20, 2018 (for Spring Semester)
- Participate in an interview process if necessary
- Agree to serve as student speaker during graduation (Associate Degree)
- Agree to serve as announcer during graduation (Technical Diploma)
Fact Sheet (pdf)
Profile Form & Essay* (pdf) (click to download the Outstanding Graduate application)
- Noted on Transcript, and honor cord for graduation.
- Invitation to attend the Academic Recognition Program wherein honors cords are distributed; and the Outstanding Graduate Awardees and President’s Awardee are announced.
- Recognition in the campus newspaper or elsewhere as appropriate.
- Seated on the dais/stage throughout the graduation ceremony.
*Note: Essay required of Associate Degree applicant only as potential student speaker for graduation.
Honor Graduate Materials: Press Release Form (pdf)