Sunday – May 29, 2016

Credit Transfer


If you have taken courses at another college or completed any formal Business or Military training, you may be eligible for credit at MATC.

All General Studies courses taken at Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) are transferable to all other WTCS colleges. Certain high school courses in Wisconsin may be eligible for credit at MATC through the High School Articulation process. Military and business training courses that have been reviewed and identified for college credit by the American Council on Education (ACE) may also be eligible for credit at MATC. Only classes taken from an accredited post-secondary institution recognized by MATC where a student has received a "C" or better are transferable. Eligible courses must match a specific course at MATC. The courses must be deemed identical by a dean. There is no fee for transferring courses to MATC.

All transcripts from other colleges/universities are reviewed to identify any courses that may be transferable upon admission to an AAS degree program at MATC. This review will only identify those with existing information about their transferability. Most of the courses identified and approved in this review are only General Study courses. This process does not identify nor guarantee the awarding of all possible credit.

It is recommended that students identify the credits that they believe should transfer and submit a request form to an advisor for review.

How to transfer credit: 

  1. Request an Official Transcript be sent to MATC from the previous institution or submit any Military or business documentation indicating ACE credits.
  2. Review the required courses for an AAS Degree or Technical Diploma.
  3. Identify the MATC courses that may be identical to courses previously completed at another institution by reviewing the Course Description, Course Calendars, Syllabi, Course Competencies, and Learning Objectives of the MATC course.
  4. Develop a written narrative, with supporting documentation, justifying why the course completed at another institution should be transferred to a specific MATC course using the CPLE Request Form.
  5. Submit the Transfer Request Form to an advisor.

Want more information on MATC's Credit for Prior Learning and Experience program? Complete the form here.