Friday – November 17, 2017
MATC acknowledges that a student’s past academic performance may not, for a variety of reasons, be reflective of the student’s subsequent demonstrated ability. Academic Renewal is intended to provide an opportunity to remove a period of poor academic performance at MATC from the student’s academic standing and graduation calculations. You must be currently enrolled at MATC in order to request Academic Renewal.
Academic renewal does not apply to federal or other government provided benefits including, for example, Financial Aid, Veterans Benefits, etc. Therefore, for purposes of these benefits all credit attempts are counted and will continue to affect eligibility.
All courses remain on the student’s transcript, but are not included in calculations for academic standing or graduation.
A request for academic renewal must meet the following guidelines:
- You must be currently enrolled at MATC.
- Prior to requesting Academic Renewal, the student must have earned a GPA of 2.0 or higher for a minimum of 12 credits.
- At least three years must have elapsed between the last semester being renewed and submission of the renewal request.
- The request for Academic Renewal may be for one or two semesters. The semesters do not have to be consecutive. If the renewal is awarded, all grades and hours during the enrollment period are included.
- A course and its related credits that are removed for purposes of renewal cannot be used for any purpose at all including to demonstrate competency in a subject matter, to fulfill credit hour requirements, to meet graduation requirements or for any other purpose.
- A student is eligible for only one Academic Renewal during the student's academic career at MATC.
Complete the Academic Renewal Application to be considered.
Notification will be sent within 45 days of submitting the form.