Friday – May 27, 2016
MATC's Pre-College programs exist to prepare students for college-level work. Their wide range of services includes:
- Basic Skills instruction is designed to bring students up to the 12th-grade level in math, English, computer skills, the sciences and more. Services are provided in Spanish and southeast Asian languages, in addition to English.
- General Educational Development Tests (GED) and High School Equivalency Diploma assistance and testing.
- A comprehensive Adult High School with a full range of student services.
- English as a Second Language programs for those who need to learn English or improve their English-language skills
- The Office of Bilingual Education works with students whose first language is not English and with students who are fluent in English and Spanish or Hmong. We offer courses to help students improve their English skills and obtain their GED certificate in Spanish. We also offer bilingual occupational programs and transitional assistance into bilingual college-level degree and diploma programs.
- The Right Path Program provides young adults, ages 18 to 25, who have dropped out of high school and have a parent who is incarcerated or on parole or probation, the opportunity to earn a high school diploma or GED at MATC. The program is currently limited to 25 participants.