Thursday – June 30, 2016
If you have access to a computer with an internet connection that meets the minimum computer requirements, you can take advantage of the convenience of online courses. These courses are geared to adult learners who want flexibility in their schedules. More than 400 online courses are offered in business, computer technologies, health occupations, liberal arts, technology and applied sciences, and more.
- Assignments and coursework are sent through Blackboard.
- You can access the coursework at your convenience.
- Instructors may recommend specific times for online chats on subject matter. This gives you the capability to communicate with other students and the instructor.
- You do not attend an actual classroom session.
- Completed assignments are submitted through Blackboard by designated due dates.
- Campus time may be required for meetings or testing. This will be noted in the class syllabus or announcements.
New Requirement for Students Taking Online CoursesTo help our students succeed, all students who register for an online course for the first time at MATC will be required to complete the Online Student Readiness course (COMPUB 798), which provides skill development on a number of topics that are essential to online learning success. Students who completed an online class at MATC in Spring 2014 or later have satisfied this requirement. Subject areas include working with Blackboard, INFOnline, MyMATC and Gmail, time management and online learning best practices. The course is self-paced, takes between 4.5-5 hours to complete, does not have to be completed in one session, costs $4.50, and is eligible for financial aid.
This course is available
. See Summer and Fall course availability in
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact MATC's Distance Learning Office at email@example.com.
If you are interested in pursuing an online course:
- Take this quick quiz to ensure that online courses are for you.
- View all Online Courses currently available by using the "Search for Available Sections" option. Add the following three items to narrow your search: Select the semester you are interested in, use the "Online Only" option and add the subject of the course from the drop-down menu.
- Register for an online course.
- Review the Orientation to Online Learning in Blackboard .
Online tools available when you are enrolled in online courses:
- A Learning Management System where students can access many of the online courses, course content (such as syllabuses, assignments and quizzes), and their MATC web-based email.
- MATC web-based email
MATC 2 Go Mobile App
For more information: 414-297-7986 or firstname.lastname@example.org.