Tuesday – May 31, 2016
Requesting an Official MATC Transcript
An MATC transcript is a printed record of every course a student has taken at MATC. Official transcripts are stamped with the signature of the Registrar and embossed with the MATC seal. Transcripts may be requested at any campus; however, students with birthdates prior to 1970 must request their transcript at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus. A transcript will not be issued if the student owes an outstanding balance to MATC.
College and Adult High School Transcripts
Requesting a transcript:
- In-Person Request: Visit any MATC campus Transcript Office Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (3:30 p.m. for same-day transcript requests) and Welcome Center Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Mail Request: Complete the Transcript Request Form and mail it with payment to:
Milwaukee Area Technical College
700 West State Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233-1443
- Online Request and Transcript Questions: Click on one of the following campus links to make an online request via the National Student Clearinghouse. Students with birthdates prior to 1970 must place their online request with the Downtown Milwaukee Campus
West Allis Campus - (414) 456-5316
Oak Creek Campus - (414) 571-4725
Downtown Milwaukee Campus - (414) 297-7019
Mequon Campus - (262) 238-2258
Fees for processing a transcript:
- Standard transcript processing fee is $8.00 per copy
- Same-day, in-person transcript processing fee is $15.00 for the first copy and $8.00 for each additional copy
- Payment may be made with cash (in person only), check, money order or credit card (Discover, MasterCard or Visa)
Picking up a transcript:
- When picking up a transcript, students will be required to provide an MATC or government-issued ID
- If someone other than the student is picking up the transcript, they will be required to provide a written release signed by the student giving them permission to pick up the student's transcript. They will also need to provide a government-issued ID, as well as a copy of the student's MATC or government-issued ID
- Transcripts may be requested at any MATC campus Transcript Office Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (3:30 p.m. for same-day transcript requests) and Welcome Center Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Please Note: Transcripts will NOT be sent electronically via email or by fax. All transcripts will be mailed via the U.S. Postal Service. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing and delivery.
For additional information, please contact our transcript information phone line at 414-297-6416.
GED/HSED Transcript requests must be made through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Complete the GED/HSED Transcript Request Form and mail it with payment to:
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
PO Box 7841
Madison, WI 53707-7841
Payment may be made by check, money order or credit card (MasterCard or Visa). Credit card transactions may be faxed to
To pick up a copy of a GED/HSED certified transcript or duplicate credential in person, please call 608-267-9245 to schedule
Verification is the means of providing factual information regarding current and past student activities at Milwaukee Area Technical College. Requests for records can be obtained through the MATC Registration and Records Department in one of the following ways:
- Fax: 414-297-6371
- Phone: 414-297-7012
- In Person
The following information can be provided without a release signed by the student:
- Program of study and dates of enrollment
- Enrollment status (full-time or part-time)
- Name of degree and graduation date
- GPA (only provided with a release signed by the student)
Due to MATC Policy #FF0100, Privacy Act, the following information cannot be disclosed:
- Names of classes
- Account balance
- Paid tuition
- Financial aid information
- Class schedule
For lawyers and paralegals requesting a student's complete academic file, there is a fee. The request must also include a release signed by the student.
For more information regarding verifications, including any applicable fees, please contact the Registration and Records Department at 414-297-7012.