An official transcript is a printed record of every class that you have taken at MATC. It is sealed and stamped with the signature of our Registrar.
All requests for official college and Adult High School or GED/HSED transcripts combined with college requests must be submitted in writing. Requests can be made:
- In person
- By mail
- Via fax - 414-297-6371
Please note: Transcripts will not be forwarded by fax.
To order online, click on one of the following campus links to make your request:
Note: Birthdate before 1970 must place order at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus only.
If you are requesting GED/HSED transcripts only, please call 414-297-6233.
For more information, please call our automated transcript information line at 414-297-6416.
The current fee for each transcript is as follows. Payment MUST be included with all requests:
- Mailed or faxed request (with payment included ) - $8.
- Same-day in-person student pickup - $15 for the first copy and $8 for each additional copy.
- Same day in-person pickup requires an MATC or government-issued ID.
- Same day hours Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. at the transcript desk located in Registration.
- Monday - Thursday 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. at the Welcome Center.
Transcripts may be requested at any campus. Students born before 1970 who request same-day in-person student pickup will be required to make their request at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus. Transcripts requested by phone or email will not be provided.
Transcripts WILL NOT BE ISSUED if a student has an outstanding debt at MATC.
When requesting transcripts, please include the following:
- Your full name (including former or maiden names)
- Social Security number and/or MATC Student ID number if you know it
- Date of birth
- Present address
- Telephone number
- Approximate dates of attendance
- The complete address of where you would like your transcript mailed
- Type your (the student's) name AND provide a required *handwritten* signature and date as required by the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. Requests that do not include a signature will not be processed.
- Payment may be made by cash (in person), check, money order or credit card (Discover, MasterCard, Visa). Include card number and expiration date. Your transcript will be processed in 7-14 days, including U.S. mail time.
Click here for an online transcript request form.
If someone else other than you will be picking up the transcript, you will need to send a written release giving permission for that person to pick up the transcript. The release must be signed by you, and the person who is picking up the transcript must have a picture ID.
Send your request and payment to:
Milwaukee Area Technical College
Records Office, Room S115
700 West State Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233-1443
Transcript information phone number: 414-297-6416
Verification of Academic Records
Verification is the means of providing factual information regarding current and past student activities at Milwaukee Area Technical College.
Request for records can be obtained through the MATC Registration and Records Department (414-297-7012 or 414-297-6586) in one of the following ways:
The following information can be provided without a student signed release:
- Program of study and date of enrollment
- Enrollment status (full time or part time)
- Name of degree and graduation date
- GPA (only with a signed student release)
Due to MATC Policy #FF0100, Privacy Act, the following information cannot be disclosed:
- Names of classes
- Account Balance
- Paid Tuition
- Financial Aid information
- Class schedule
For lawyer requests and Paralegal requests for a student's complete file, there is a fee. The request must include a student signed release.
For more information regarding verifications, including the fee, please contact the Registration and Records office at 414-297-7012 or 414-297-6586.
For information regarding transcripts, please call 414-297-6416.