Tuesday – December 18, 2018
Thank you for your interest in MATC and the Promise program.
The deadline for the High School Class of 2018 to apply for Promise was February 1, 2018.
You can still apply to MATC by using the "Apply Now" button above.
MATC Promise will pay the tuition and fees for program courses, after federal and state financial grant aid has been applied, for eligible students with a maximum of 75 credits. (Books are not covered by the Promise program.)
New High School Graduate Eligibility appeal process
If you applied for the MATC Promise for New High School graduates program and were notified that you are not eligible, you can complete this appeal form for consideration.
MATC Promise Eligibility Criteria for High School Class of 2018:
- Apply for MATC admission by February 1, 2018.
- Complete 2018-19 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by February 1, 2018.
- Must be Pell Grant eligible.
- Achieve ACT composite score of 16 or above or Accuplacer average score of 69 or higher. Students with ACT score of 15 or Accuplacer score of at least 60 will be referred to the Summer Bridge program. Upon successful completion of Bridge, student will become eligible.
- Submit ACT or Accuplacer score by February 1, 2018 for early decision; no later than June 15, 2018 for Promise eligibility.
- Complete high school first semester senior year with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- 90% attendance first semester senior year.
- Graduate from a high school in the MATC service district and/or reside in the MATC service district.
- On-time graduate.
- Submit a final high school transcript by August 1, 2018.
- Student and academic program must meet eligibility requirements for federal and Wisconsin financial aid.
- Enroll as a full-time student (12 or more credits) in the Fall of 2018. (Special documented circumstances may result in permission to enroll in fewer than 12 post-secondary credits.)