The Petition Process is the method that students follow to inform the School of Health Sciences when they are ready and prepared to begin the core technical courses in their chosen health science program. All students MUST petition and be accepted into their program before registering for core technical courses.
To petition, students need to:
- Apply to the college, identify their program of interest, and have an active program code
- Refer to the web page for the School of Health Sciences and open the Student Program Guide
- Complete all items identified above the "Petition Process" box for the program
- Some programs require completion of a pre-admission exam as part of the petition process
- Upon successful completion of all items, submit an electronic petition application during the open petition window for the program.
Petition Process Documents
Pre-admission Exam FAQs, Instructions and Test Dates
Petition Process - Step by Step Diagram (pdf)
Petition Windows - School of Health Sciences Programs
The petition window is open January 2nd through January 31st annually for the following programs that start in August.
Students will be notified of their petition status through their MATC Gmail address by March 1st.
The petition window is open August 1st through August 31st annually for the following programs that start in January.
Students will be notified of their petition status through their MATC Gmail address by October 1st.