Monday – May 29, 2017
The Petition Process is the method that students follow to inform the School of Health Sciences when they are ready and prepared to begin the core technical courses in their chosen health science program. All students MUST petition and be accepted into their program before registering for core technical courses.
To petition, students need to:
- Apply to the college, identify their program of interest, and have an active program code
- Refer to the web page for the School of Health Sciences and open the Student Program Guide (pdf)
- Complete all items identified above the "Petition Process" box for the program
- Some programs require completion of a pre-admission exam as part of the petition process
- Upon successful completion of all items, submit an electronic petition application during the open petition window for the program.
Petition Process Documents
The petition window for Spring 2017 is now closed.
Students will be notified of their petition status through their MATC Gmail address approximately 30 days after the petition window is closed.
The petition window for Fall 2017 programs remains open for the following programs only:
Health Information Technology
Healthcare Service Management
Medical Laboratory Technician
Health Unit Coordinator
Medical Coding Specialist
The direct link to the petition form is: