Sunday – September 23, 2018
Downtown Milwaukee Campus
The MATC Radiography Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
Become part of the healthcare team providing patient care as a radiographer in medical imaging departments in hospitals, clinics and medical offices. This is a full-time program encompassing four semesters, a six-week summer session and a six-week externship. When you graduate, you become eligible for certification through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Career Outlook: Typical emphases in the field include diagnostic radiology, bedside and trauma procedures, and pediatric radiography.
Career Pathway: This program features exploratory courses that count toward a credential. Contact an MATC advisor for information.
Effective Fall 2013, the Radiography program reopened. Students will need to petition. A student with program code can petition during the designated times.
Contact Admissions at 414-297-6542 if you have questions.
If you are a resident of the Waukesha County Technical College district, see:
for information on the Collaborative Program Agreement and to apply for the program at WCTC.
Program Code: 10-526-1
Start Date: August
Students are admitted through a petition process. Learn more about the petition process
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year high school or one semester of algebra, biology, and chemistry..
- Demonstration of proficiency in basic skills through a course placement assessment.
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- B- or higher in Anatomy & Physiology (NATSCI-177 or NATSCI-201 & 202).
- B- or higher in College Mathematics (MATH 107)
- HP-A2 exam with a cumulative score of 80% or higher. To learn more about the HP-A2 exam, click the following link https://sites.google.com/gmatc.matc.edu/exams.
- Each semester Petition Information Sessions are held to allow students to meet with counselors and Program representatives for guidance with the petition process. You will receive an invitation via your school email address for dates, times and locations.
- If you are accepted, you will receive additional information including health, drug screening and background check requirements using the CastleBranch portal. If you are not accepted, you will receive detailed information about which of the above criteria were not met. If you were not accepted due to program capacity, you will receive additional consideration if you petition during the next open window.
Special Admission Requirements: One year of high school-level biology and chemistry (or physics), and algebra.
Career Cluster: Health Sciences
Detailed Program Information
This program is accredited through the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182; 312-704-5300; www.jrcert.org, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in a Health Related Career at MATC?