Wednesday – May 25, 2016
Hours of Operation:
All campuses are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. The campuses are staffed by Officers throughout the day and evening. Times vary based on the specific campus needs.
Mequon Police Department Information
Text a Tip
The Mequon Police Department offers the ability for citizens to text anonymous messages to the department. Text messaging has become the communication medium of choice for many people because of its cost effectiveness, simplicity, and reliability – especially among a younger demographic. The department can reply to the messages for more information, but the identity of the texter will always remain anonymous.
To send a tip, citizens text "mqpd" and then their message to 262-847-411 (tip411)
Tipsters can also leave tips via the Mequon Police Department tip website http://www.citizenobserver.com/cov6/app/webTipForm.html?id=6596
Lock Down Drills
In order to provide a safe learning and working environment, the Department of Public Safety will be conducting daytime and evening lock down drills at all four campuses during the month of March. The purpose of this communication is to reinforce MATC's Lock Down procedures and to inform members of the college community of their roles and responsibilities during an emergency situation that requires a lock down response. Public Safety staff members have worked with all campuses to schedule the upcoming lock down drills on the following dates:
- Mequon Campus - Monday, March 17, 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- West Allis Campus - Tuesday, March 18, 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Oak Creek Campus - Wednesday, March 19, 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Downtown Milwaukee Campus - Thursday, March 20, 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Drills should take no more than 15-20 minutes per building/campus. We ask that faculty, staff and students follow these procedures when the lock down announcement is made over the mass notification system:
- Stay in your current location or take refuge in the nearest office or classroom immediately.
- Lock, secure or barricade doors and windows.
- Turn off lights, computer monitors, etc.
- Get on the floor, away from doors/windows and behind/under furniture.
- Remain calm and quiet.
- After the door has been closed and locked, DO NOT open it.
- Monitor campus communication systems for further information or instructions.
- Stay in your safe place until the all clear announcement has been given, or your current location becomes unsafe.
Additional Lock Down Safety Tips:
Whenever possible, keep doors in a locked position. Prop doors open for access, instead of in the unlocked position, so they can be quickly closed in the event of an emergency. Contact Operations with equipment requests, such as door stops or if your door will not lock.
Note: During drills Public Safety officers are available to assist faculty and staff with procedures. During a true emergency Public Safety staff will be assisting local emergency responders to address issues occurring on campus.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, please contact the Department of Public Safety at 414-297-6588 or PublicSafety@matc.edu.
MATC Department of Public Safety
For information on parking for the Mequon Campus, click here.
For More Information
For more information about MATC campuswide Public Safety, click here.